[PL-Directors] Is your library doing anything to celebrate Beverly Cleary's 100th birthday? Please let me know!

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Wed Feb 3 11:06:56 PST 2016

Hi Library Directors,

Please take this 5 question survey<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BC100> by February 16th so I can provide OPB with a list of public libraries celebrating Beverly Cleary's 100th birthday.

Why does OPB need this information?
The Oregon Library Association and Oregon State Library are partnering with Oregon Public Broadcasting (OPB) to Celebrate 100 Years of Beverly Cleary. OPB is filming an Oregon Art Beat special completely dedicated to Ms. Cleary, including one of the few interviews she is granting for the occasion-yes, she is still alive! OPB is generously donating one DVD of the Cleary special to each public library and will be doing some heavy statewide promotions of the occasion. Therefore, OPB needs to know which public libraries are actually going to do something to celebrate Beverly Cleary's birthday sometime during the week of April 9-April 17th.

What do we have to do to be considered a participating library?
As little as having cake, balloons, and display of Cleary's books, audio books, and films for patrons to check out.
As much as hosting a screening of OPB's special, an event for kids, a book club, a guest speaker, or whatever you want.
Get more programming ideas from OLA's Children's Services Division Beverly Cleary webpage<http://www.csdola.org/100-years-of-beverly-cleary.html>.

My library isn't doing anything to celebrate, will we still get the DVD from OPB?
YES!

When will we get the DVD?
At the last minute due to the production schedule. Hopefully you'll get it by April 9th. The special will be on OPB's website after airs on TV for those of you planning a screening.

Thanks,
Katie

URL to survey in case hyperlink doesn't work: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BC100

Katie Anderson, Youth Services Consultant
Library Support and Development Services<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/pages/index.aspx>
[cid:image004.png at 01D0358C.4523C4D0]<https://www.facebook.com/ORLibSupport>  [http://www.thewwwblog.com/images/blogger-logo.jpg] <http://osl-lis.blogspot.com/>   [http://www.aethlonmedical.com/assets/001/5130.png] <https://twitter.com/orlibsupport>   [Picture] <http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/Pages/index.aspx>