[PL-Directors] [Attn: Rural PL Directors] Pilcrow Foundation Rural Public Library Grants

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Wed Jan 20 15:34:58 PST 2016

Please pardon a potential 2nd email on this topic.

Hi, Directors of Oregon Rural Public Libraries,

The Pilcrow Foundation is taking over what the Libri Foundation used to do with the Books for Children grant program. We in Library Support and Development were asked by Karren Timmermans, Executive Director at the Pilcrow Foundation, to let you know about their 2016 Children's Book Project matching grant opportunities. Please refer to the email below and to this page, http://thepilcrowfoundation.org/childrens-book-project/, which has information about eligibility and requirements.

Many of you probably know that the Libri Foundation is offering its final grants in 2016, but only specific Oregon libraries qualify: http://www.librifoundation.org/apps.html. I asked Karren how possibly receiving a 2016 grant from the Libri Foundation might affect eligibility for the 2016 Pilcrow Foundation grants. In response, she wrote, "Librarians, whether or not they have received a grant from Libri in the past 3 years or in 2016, are eligible to apply for grant from The Pilcrow Foundation. Although we are continuing Libri's work, we are operating independently of them."
If have any questions, please contact Karren at pilcrowfoundation at gmail.com<mailto:pilcrowfoundation at gmail.com>.

Thanks,
Jen

Jennifer Maurer