[Pupiltransportation] Paperwork Processing Times and Bus Driver Instructor Workshops

pupiltransportation at listsmart.osl.state.or.us pupiltransportation at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
Fri Jan 8 12:44:45 PST 2016

The following message is being sent to you on behalf of:

Sarah Drinkwater, Ph.D.
Assistant Superintendent
Office of Learning / Student Support

In order to serve all of our customers effectively and efficiently we would like to make you aware of new standard processing times for requests for service.

The chart below indicates how many business days it takes to process a request, but does not account for mailing days.  For example, if an Application for School Bus Driver's Certificate or Permit is received today, the certificate or permit will be mailed out by the close of business in three days.

Request

Processing Time

Athlete Agent Applications

5 days

Background Checks

5 days

Duplicate Certificate Requests

10 days

School Bus Driver Applications

3 days

SPAB Driver Certificates

5 days

Temporary Driver Requests

1 days

Training Report Requests (electronic for posting or report for driver review)

5 days

Type 10 Driver Applications

3 days

Type 20 Driver Applications

5 days

We appreciate your patience as staff work hard to meet or exceed these processing timelines.  If you submit paperwork electronically to buslicense at ode.state.or.us<mailto:buslicense at ode.state.or.us>, then you will receive an automatic conformation that your request has been received.

If you have any questions or concerns about the paperwork processing time, please contact T.J. Crockett at (503) 947-5724 or tj.crockett at state.or.us<mailto:tj.crockett at state.or.us>.

School Bus Driver Instructor Workshop information is attached to this email.  This year's classes are:

  *   Behind-the-Wheel Instructor Workshop: March 21 - March 25
  *   Third-Party Examiner Workshop: June 27 - June 29
  *   Core Instructor Workshop (Week 1): July 11 - July 15
  *   Core Instructor Workshop (Week 2): July 18 - July 22

If you have any questions regarding these instructor workshops, please contact T.J. Crockett at (503) 947-5724 or tj.crockett at state.or.us<mailto:tj.crockett at state.or.us>.

T.J. Crockett
Program Analyst
Oregon Department of Education