[R2R-OR] Q and A about Ready to Read projects

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Mon Aug 1 08:57:19 PDT 2011

Still thinking about what you might do for your Ready to Read funded project?  Here is a project related question I just received about Ready to Read that you may be interested in as you are planning your Ready to Read project:

Q: I am supposed to do an early literacy presentation for childcare providers.  Can I use Ready to Read funds to pay for someone else with more experience to do the presentation and have myself and my staff attend along with the childcare providers to get more training ourselves?

A:  Yes, you can use Ready to Read funds to contract with someone else to conduct early literacy presentations.  Most of the people who conducted the Every Child Ready to Read training for Reading for Healthy Families are interested in doing contract work and are listed online at: http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/youthsvcs/rfhf.overview.contact.shtml#Book_an_ECRR_Trainer.

In addition, you can use Ready to Read Grant funds to hire subs to fill in at your library while you and your staff attend the presentation to get more early literacy training for yourselves.

Ready to Read applications are due in about 4 weeks.  Please mark your calendars accordingly so you can get the application in the mail by August 31st if you haven't done so already.  Applications are online at: http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/youthsvcs/aboutready.shtml#Forms.

Thank you,
Katie