[R2R-OR] Ready to Read Grant application Q and A

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Tue Aug 23 08:27:23 PDT 2011

Hi!  I just received another great question about the ready to read application that I thought you all might be interested in knowing too.

Q: I have a question on page 5, question 5. It says "total" amount of people attending. Does that mean average on a given program day, or total for the whole SRP? In the first case it would be for us about 25 people attending per program. In the second case it would be 100 total people attending our 4 programs over the summer.

A: The total for the whole SRP is "total" amount of people attending so you would write in 100 total people attending.

Explanation of why the State Library does it this way:
We report how many people attend Ready to Read funded programs to the Oregon Legislature. I add up all the numbers you provide in #5 to get the total amount of people attending programs Oregon libraries are funding with Ready to Read funds.  If you say how many people come per program, I cannot use that number because I don't know how many programs you are presenting.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thank you,
Katie