[R2R-OR] Promote your library's summer reading program with FREE professional PSAs!
katie.anderson at state.or.us
Tue Apr 24 16:18:14 PDT 2012
Dear library directors and Ready to Read Key contacts,
The following information is not about Ready to Read, but it is proprietary information that may only be provided to Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) member libraries. All of you receiving this email work at CSLP member libraries and currently this list is the only way to share information with only CSLP member libraries.
CSLP has made the "Dream Big READ" PSA (in both Spanish and English) to promote your summer reading program. For the first time all the PSAs are available online!
The teen video PSA's are available on the CSLP website at http://cslpreads.org/programs/young-adult-program/teen-video-challenge/2012-teen-video-winners.html. Please view and share these videos, link to them from your library webpage, post them to social networks, and use them to get the word out to teens. Each creative video presents a unique perspective on teen summer reading at libraries.
How to use the children's PSAs:
* Identify your local radio and/or TV outlets via the Oregon Blue Book online: http://bluebook.state.or.us/cultural/media/media.htm
* Call the contact person listed in the Oregon Blue Book entry for the radio and/or TV outlets in your region and ask them about submitting a PSA.
The children's audio PSAs are available on the CSLP website.
* Go to http://www.cslpreads.org/
* Login (or register for a user name and password)
* Click on 'Proprietary Downloads'
* Click on 'PSAs' and follow the directions
The following are links to the video the English and Spanish versions the children's video PSAs. They are all the same, but there are 3 encoding options (mpeg2, Standard def h.264, and High def h.264). Each station can then download the format that they accept.
SD - mpeg2 English
SD - mpeg2 Spanish
SD - h.264 Spanish
SD - h.264 English
HDTV - English (H.264)
HDTV - Spanish (H.264)
* HERE ARE .SCC files if Broadcaster needs them (any issues re-encoding that needs Closed Caption files) :
English non-drop 00
English non-drop 01
Questions? Contact the CSLP Communications Committee Chair:
kbalsen at mail.nysed.gov<mailto:kbalsen at mail.nysed.gov>
Katie Anderson, Library Development Services
* Youth Services Consultant * Oregon Center for the Book Coordinator *
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR 97301
katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>, 503-378-2528
All Oregon public, volunteer, and tribal libraries are members of the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP), and receive a free summer reading manual. To get the most out of your membership, create an account on the CSLP website (http://www.cslpreads.org/) and you will be able to access additional summer reading resources. CSLP membership dues and manual fees are paid for by the State Library with LSTA funds. Summer reading manuals are distributed by OLA's Children's Services Division, and both CSD and OYAN members represent you on CSLP committees and at the CSLP annual meeting.
For more information contact one of your CSLP representatives:
* Gayle Waiss, CSD Summer Reading Chair: gwaiss at siuslaw.lib.or.us<mailto:gwaiss at siuslaw.lib.or.us>
* Jessica Marie, CSD Summer Reading Incoming Chair: Jmarie at cityofsalem.net<mailto:Jmarie at cityofsalem.net>
* Lisa Elliott, OYAN CSLP Liaison: lisae at tigard-or.gov<mailto:lisae at tigard-or.gov>
* Katie Anderson, CSLP Oregon State Representative: katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the R2R-OR