[R2R-OR] Jada Rupley Named Oregon Early Learning System Director

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Wed Aug 29 13:52:43 PDT 2012

Hi! I just received the following announcement that Jada Rupley has been hired as the director of Oregon’s new Early Learning System (a.k.a. Early Learning Council). This is important information because the Ready to Read Grant is part of the new Early Learning Council.

Here are some links to hopefully help you understand how this information fits together:

  *   The State Librarian, MaryKay Dahlgreen, is on the workgroup making recommendations about how the transition to the new early learning system will take place.
  *   Christa Rude, who I emailed about on July 30th<http://listsmart.osl.state.or.us/pipermail/r2r-or/2012-July/000040.html>, is the Early Learning Council staff person leading the workgroup MaryKay is on.
  *   The workgroup MaryKay is on and Christa Rude leads will make recommendations to the Early Learning Council.
  *   Jada Rupley is the director of the Early Learning Council.
 As I've mentioned before, if you are not already a member of your local or regional early childhood group, this is an important time to join because your library will be at the table during the planning of and transitioning to your local early childhood hub. This could mean new partnerships with your school district or Child Care Resource & Referral, stronger partnerships with Healthy Start or Head Start, and ensuring that all the early childhood professionals in your community know who you are and what your library has to offer.

Thanks,
Katie