[R2R-OR] New grant applications: trial and error are okay!

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Mon Aug 5 10:34:40 PDT 2013

Hi! I've heard from a few people who are worried that they won't get their Ready to Read Grant if they don't fill out the application correctly or aren't able to get the outcomes they want and a few other things.

I just want to remind everyone of a few things:

  *   It's my job to help you get your grant! If you submit a grant application that isn't correct, then I'll call you and we'll work it out together so you get your grant. In the history of R2R the only libraries that haven't received R2R grants simply didn't submit their application by the deadline--postmarked by August 31.
  *   It's okay to try something new and fail! You'll still learn valuable information about your library, your patrons, and your community that will help you plan more successful programs in the future.  Achieving your R2R outcomes demonstrates to the Legislature the value of the money they give your library and justifies future R2R funding, but current Oregon Revised Statutes and Administrative Rules do not make funding dependent on achieving outcomes.
  *   It's easy to change your R2R grant at any time!  Whenever you need or want to change your R2R grant because of staffing changes, library budget issues, you want to work towards a different outcome than the one you selected on your application... whatever it is... just contact me to request a change to your grant.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Katie