[R2R-OR] Example of a good R2R evaluation

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Tue Aug 27 13:37:56 PDT 2013

Hi! Someone asked me to review their Ready to Read Grant application to make sure they got the outcome based evaluation piece right. They did and it is such a great idea that I thought you all might be interested to learn about it too:

Outcomes:

*         Parents and caregivers will increase the amount of time they read, talk, sing, write, and play with their young children.

*         Young children will increase their print motivation, vocabulary, print awareness, narrative skills, letter knowledge, phonological awareness, and writing/drawing skills.

Evaluation:
Achievement will be measured by taking pictures (1) of individual families that attend storytimes and (2) of the first and last storytimes. With the families' permission, the pictures will be posted on a bulletin board and on the library Facebook page to advertise the storytime program, to provide the participating families a starting point for family discussions and to document the increase in attendance [and increase in children demonstrating the six skills].

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CE4751.8A8D6B50]<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/Pages/youthsvcs/oregon.srp.certificate.aspx>
Summer Reading 2013 at Oregon libraries<http://libdir.osl.state.or.us/>!
Find a summer food site<http://www.summerfoodoregon.org/>.