[R2R-OR] FYI: The 2013 Summer Reading Manuals

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Tue Feb 5 14:59:02 PST 2013

Hello! You all should have received your 2013 summer reading manuals by now. If not, please contact the OLA Children's Services Division Summer Reading Chair, Jessica Marie at Jmarie at cityofsalem.net<mailto:Jmarie at cityofsalem.net>, or you may check out the 2013 summer reading manual from the State Library (instructions below). The 2013 summer reading manual is only available to CSLP member libraries, which you are, so please don't advertise their availability. Past summer reading manuals are available for anyone to check out from the State Library.

For those of you familiar with the manuals there are a few differences you should know about:

  *   The early literacy, children's, teen, and adult manuals circulate separately instead of all together as one item.
  *   The CDs/DVDs of the clip-art by the featured artists and digital files of the manual are not included due to copyright restrictions. Since you work at a CSLP member library you have permission to use the CDs/DVDs so please email me at katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us> to find out if I have an extra copy to lend you.
Instructions for checking out the current summer reading manual:

The following new titles are available for interlibrary loan from the Oregon State Library. If you would like to request these or other materials from the Oregon State Library please use your library's established interlibrary loan process or send your full name, the name of your library, complete title information, shipping address, and a phone number to the document delivery department at library.request at state.or.us<mailto:library.request at state.or.us> or (fax) 503-588-7119.  Items will be checked out to your library, not to you personally, for 4 weeks (print materials) or 2 weeks (videos).  Materials will be delivered via mail or Orbis Cascade Alliance Courier, and you may return them the same way.  Normally a single copy is purchases and it is loaned on a first-come-first-serve basis. You may be put on a hold list for several weeks.  Thank you for your patience.

*         Dig into reading 2013 CSLP early literacy manual

*         Dig into reading 2013 CSLP children's manual

*         Beneath the surface 2013 teen cslp manual

*         Groundbreaking read 2013 CSLP adult manual

Be sure to check out our Library and Information Science (LIS) blog (http://osl-lis.blogspot.com/) to discover the most recent additions to our LIS collection and search our catalog (http://oregon.gov/OSL/index.shtml) for our complete holdings. The library science collection is meant to support the whole Oregon library community.  The Library Development Division welcomes your suggestions for acquisitions - see the blog for an input form or email us!

This collection is funded with LSTA funds administered by the Oregon State Library.