[R2R-OR] R2R allowable collection development
katie.anderson at state.or.us
Tue Mar 5 09:06:56 PST 2013
Hello! I just wanted to remind you that the Ready to Read Grant can be used for juvenile-teen (K-12) collection development that supports summer reading. Allowable summer reading collection development projects include purchasing:
* Books and audiobooks to help kids prepare for next year's...
* Beverly Cleary Children's Choice Award<http://www.olaweb.org/bccca-home> (the 2013-2014 list was just announced, see below!)
* Patricia Gallagher Picture Book Award<http://oregonread.org/2012-2013-patricia-gallagher-nominees/> (also a children's choice award program)
* Oregon Readers Choice Award<http://www.olaweb.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=205> (ORCA)
* Oregon Battle of the Books<http://oboblsta.pbworks.com/w/page/5653620/FrontPage> (OBOB)
* Any type of library material related to next year's summer reading theme. The 2013 summer reading theme is 'underground' which includes any books about burrowing animals, archeology, geology, digging machines/certain types of construction that take place underground, subways, caves and more! There are bibliographies (book lists) in your summer reading manuals, but you don't have to stick to them. You can ask your colleagues for ideas, check publisher's websites to see if they have created their own underground themed lists, and search the Internet. You might start with searching for "2013 summer reading dig into reading" on Pinterest<http://pinterest.com/search/boards/?q=2013+summer+reading+dig+into+reading>. You'll find mostly programming and craft ideas, but you'll also find book ideas!
* Books and audiobook on teachers' summer reading lists at your local schools.
The 2013-2014 lists for OBOB and ORCA should be announced before summer reading starts so be on the lookout for them on the email discussion lists!
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Katie Anderson, Library Development Services
* Youth Services Consultant * Oregon Center for the Book Coordinator *
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR 97301
katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>, 503-378-2528
From: libs-or-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us [libs-or-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us] on behalf of Jacqueline Partch [jacquelp at multcolib.org]
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 11:24 AM
To: libs-or at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
Subject: [Libs-Or] Fwd: Announcing 2013-2014 Beverly Cleary Children's Choice Nominations (for next school year)
Below are the 2013-14 Beverly Cleary Children's Choice Award nominees...
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kevin and Libby Hamler-Dupras <hdfamily at q.com<mailto:hdfamily at q.com>>
Date: Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Subject: Announcing 2013-2014 Beverly Cleary Children's Choice Nominations (for next school year)
To: Jay orand <jdorand at hotmail.com<mailto:jdorand at hotmail.com>>, oasl-all at oasl.memberclicks.net<mailto:oasl-all at oasl.memberclicks.net>
On behalf of the Beverly Cleary Children’s Choice Committee, we would like to announce next year’s BCCCA Nominations!
2013-2014 Beverly Cleary Children’s Choice Nominations
Cameron, Ann. Spunky Tells All. AR 3.4
Jenkins, Emily. Invisible Inkling. AR 3.6
MacLachlan, Patricia. Waiting for the Magic. AR 3.0
Messner, Kate. Marty McGuire. AR 3.8
Pennypacker, Sara. Clementine and the Family Meeting. AR AR 3.9
Schoenberg, Jane. The One and Only Stuey Lewis: Stories From the Second Grade. AR 2.9
Vande Velde, Vivian. 8 Class Pets + 1 Squirrel (Divided by) 1 Dog=Chaos. AR 4.4
Libby Hamler-Dupras, BCCCA Chair
hdfamily at Q.com
School Corps Lead Worker
Multnomah County Library
jacquelp at multcolib.org<mailto:jacquelp at multcolib.org>
Work schedule: Mondays, Tuesdays and alternate Wednesdays
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the R2R-OR