[R2R-OR] Ready to Read Grant reminder about amount actually received

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Thu Jan 2 08:36:27 PST 2014

Hi! Several of you asked why there is a difference between the amount of Ready to Read grant funds you applied for and the amount of money you actually received and asked if you have to update and resubmit your applications as a result. These are important questions I thought you all may want to know the answer to.

The grant amount usually changes between the application and the checks being cut. Typically it is because a library catches a mistake in their population calculation which I correct or libraries appeal denied applications which the State Library Board approves. Both happened this year. In the letter you receive in July I ask library directors to double-check their square miles and population and contact me if it is incorrect so it can be corrected. It is really important that you do this because the calculations are very complex and it is helpful to have more eyes double-checking the numbers. In the letter you receive in October the appeals process and potential discrepancy between the amount you applied for and actually receive is briefly explained. This is also important to know about in case you ever need to appeal your Ready to Read Grant.

Since this is part of the grant administration process, you do not need to update your application and resubmit it.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Katie