[R2R-OR] Q & A: What are we supposed to observe? Do we come up with our own survey questions? What do we ask?

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Tue Aug 18 13:42:53 PDT 2015

Q: What are we suppose to observe?
A: You will observe children and adults to see if they are achieving the outcomes listed at the top of each section in the grant application. More specifically, you will watch children and adults to see if they are making the changes you say you want to see them make (your answers to questions 5 & 6 on the early literacy section and/or 4, 5, & 6 on the summer reading section) and document what you see.

There are tools to help you do this on the Ready to Read website<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/Pages/youthsvcs/aboutready.aspx>, under 'Evaluation resources' you will see 'Observation tips' and 'Sample observation tools...'

Q: Are we coming up with our own questions for the surveys? What do we ask?
A: Yes. You will survey children and adults to find out if they achieved the outcomes listed at the top of each section in the grant application. More specifically, you will ask children and adults questions to find out if they are making the changes you say you want to see them make (your answers to questions 5 & 6 on the early literacy section and/or 4, 5, & 6 on the summer reading section).

There are tools to help you do this on the Ready to Read website<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/Pages/youthsvcs/aboutready.aspx>, under 'Evaluation resources' you will see 'Survey tips' and 'Sample surveys...'

I will have interview tips and sample interview tools on the Ready to Read website by January 1, 2016... the day you can start implementing your 2016 grants.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Katie

[Slogan Text][Cooper_laughing]
Summer Reading 2015 at Oregon libraries<http://libdir.osl.state.or.us/>!
Find a summer food site<http://www.summerfoodoregon.org/>.

Katie Anderson, Youth Services Consultant
Library Support and Development Services<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/pages/index.aspx>