[R2R-OR] Q & A: What level of detail does the State needs in the budget notes field?

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Fri Aug 11 09:47:23 PDT 2017

One of you just asked a great question about the 2018 Ready to Read grant application budget that I thought many of you might also have.

Q: What level of detail does the State need in the budget notes field?

A:  The level of detail is really up to you. The purpose of the notes are twofold, (1) to help you remember six months from now what you were thinking today when you wrote the budget and (2) to help the State Library (me) understand what aspects of your project are being paid for with grant funds and how you're paying for the non-grant funded aspects of your project. Here is a sample application<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/youthsvcs/R2R/SampleApplication.pdf>. Look at both the early literacy and summer reading budget pages because I did the notes differently on each to provide you with two different examples.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need assistance with your 2018 Ready to Read grant application. As always, applications are due on August 31.

Thanks,
Katie

PS: Several of you have reported troubles filling out the budget page because of the imbedded formulas. Attached is the budget page without formulas in Word and PDF for those of you having trouble. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Katie Anderson
Youth Services Consultant
katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us> | 503-378-2528 | www.oregon.gov/osl/ld<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/ld>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/orlibsupport> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ORLibSupport> | Tumblr<http://www.statelibraryor.tumblr.com/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>