[R2R-OR] Ready to Read Updates

Greta Bergquist greta.bergquist at state.or.us
Thu Oct 4 16:12:01 PDT 2018

Hello Ready to Read folks,

I've just finished reading all 134 2019 Ready to Read grant applications, and I'm so glad to know you are all working for our youngest community members every day. I appreciate your sharing just a tiny piece of that work with me in your applications.

This is to let you know:

1)       The attached documents are in the mail and on their way to you with key updates about Ready to Read, including the proposed grant amounts. Please check your 2019 grant amounts - we had two new libraries join us this summer - which is exciting for Roseburg and Reedsport, woohoo! - but this reallocation changed a little bit the grants that are over the minimum $1000.

2)      The 2018 report form will be available on the State Library Ready to Read page<https://www.oregon.gov/Library/libraries/Pages/Ready-to-Read.aspx> on or before November 1st, 2018, along with any materials you may need to help you complete it. We are updating the report right now to an online version and hope to have it available before November 1st. We will let you know via e-mail as soon as it is available.

Again, thank you for all the work you do every day to welcome kids and teens into your libraries. Please let me know if there's anything I can do support you in this endeavor!

Best,

Greta b

Greta Bergquist
Youth Services Consultant