[Reading-For-Healthy-Families] great baby and mom reading video

Katie Anderson anderson_katie at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Fri Feb 5 13:05:41 PST 2010

Hello!  In December I sent out a video of a mom reading to her son on YouTube at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chimothy27/3429534057/.  If this link doesn't work, try cutting and pasting it into your browser.

Several of you asked if you could use this when conducting early literacy trainings so I contacted the person who posted the video.  The short answer is, YES you may use the YoutTube video "Reading Will" in your early literacy trainings as long as you give credit to Mark Evans.  Mark is the father of the baby in the video, the baby's name is Will.

I also thought you might like to read Mark's response to my inquiry. It is wonderful to have support for RFHF from kind strangers who understand the important of the work you are doing.

Katie,

  Thank you for contacting me regarding the video "Reading Will". I would  be happy for you to use the video, I am glad that you and your  colleagues have found it useful. From very early on Will showed  interest in books, and now at 17 months he still LOVES to be read to,  and loves to "read" by himself...he even "reads" to his stuffed  animals, it's very cute. Reading is a huge part of his day, and he  LOVES going to the library and getting new books.

  I have looked at your website, and I really like what you guys are  doing, looks like an impressive program. If you can use this video in  any way to encourage people to read to their kids, please please use it.

  Thanks again, good luck with your training programs. And please let me  know if there's any other photos/videos you would like to use, I am  glad for people to use them as long as they credit me.

  Sincerely,

  Mark Evans

               katie.anderson at state.or.us, 503-378-2528
  _____