[Reading-For-Healthy-Families] RFHF Guidance Update

Joann Contini joanncontini at comcast.net
Tue Feb 9 14:13:27 PST 2010

Hi all

A new question and answer in the guidance about who to count and record and
report.

Q: If I give parent training to a woman who is pregnant, but who does not
otherwise have a child in the Birth to Five age range, am I allowed to count
her in my tally of families trained?

A: Yes. We talk about the importance of prenatal development in early brain
development. We want the mom to have information about early literacy and to
have fun with reading and telling stories to her new baby.

Joann

Joann M. Contini

RFHF Project Coordinator

503.761.2506

joanncontini at comcast.net

For more information about Reading for Healthy Families, please visit our
website at:  <http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/youthsvcs/rfhf.home.page.shtml>
http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/youthsvcs/rfhf.home.page.shtml.