[Reading-For-Healthy-Families] FW: Early Literacy Newsletter, January 2010

Joann Contini joanncontini at comcast.net
Wed Jan 20 10:32:29 PST 2010

Joann Contini has forwarded you this email with the following message:

I've just received this email and thought you might find it interesting.It is from Washington Learning Systems- the big black binder you received at RFHF. Materials now available in Cantonese and Mandarin.

EARLY LITERACY NEWSLETTER, JANUARY 2010

This email is best viewed in your web browser. Click the link
below to see it:
http://washingtonlearningsystems.cmail5.com/t/y/e/uutdhh/l/

 Research Brief for Administrators & Trainers
Find out what research says about early language and literacy
development.

Reach Out to Asian Families: New Free Materials
Does your early childhood program serve families who speak
Mandarin or Cantonese? We have just posted our On-the-Go
materials for free download to help these families promote early
literacy at home. We also have On-the-Go materials in other Asian
languages. These materials complement our Language is the Key
video training programs. View the On-the-Go materials.
[http://www.walearning.com/parent-tools/on-the-go/]

The Art of Asking Questions
Asking questions of toddlers and preschoolers is a research-based
strategy that builds language. But some questions are better at
promoting language than others.  See how to ask questions that
build language.
[http://www.walearning.com/articles/the-art-of-asking-questions/]

Thanks,
Washington Learning Systems