[RFHF] Book distribution project idea

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Tue Nov 22 10:55:28 PST 2011

Hi!  I recently learned that the Clackamas County Healthy Start and libraries have launched a new partnership project!  Family support workers are providing free book coupons (sample attached) to their families to redeem at the library.  Below is what one of the RFHF participants has to say about the project:

Hi Katie!

As an update on the sustainability of the Healthy Start /Library partnership, the Clackamas County Children's librarians will give out a free children's book to Healthy Start families.  The Family Support Worker will give a coupon (see attachment) to  families as incentive to get the family to visit the library and use the children's library  programs!

Ellyn Jeck

Are you still partnering with your library or Healthy Start?  If so, please share your experiences by emailing them to reading-for-healthy-families at listsmart.osl.state.or.us<mailto:reading-for-healthy-families at listsmart.osl.state.or.us>.  This is an excellent way to help each other get new project ideas and figure out how to make projects work in our own communities.