[RFHF] Early Literacy Guides from CELL

Rick Samuelson ricks at wccls.org
Mon Oct 14 10:00:22 PDT 2013

Hi gang,

I feel like someone may have mentioned this before.  If you haven't already seen the Practice Guides from the Center for Early Literacy Learning (CELL), I highly recommend you take a moment to check them out:

Parent Guides: http://www.earlyliteracylearning.org/pgparents.php
Practitioner Guides: http://www.earlyliteracylearning.org/pgpracts.php
Adaption Guides: http://www.earlyliteracylearning.org/pg_tier2.php

These are simply the best early literacy information sheets I have ever seen.  They describe early literacy practices in easily understood language.  They give ideas for how to do the practice and describe how you can tell if the practice worked.  Best of all, they give real life examples of the practices at work.

If you work with families and like to share quick ideas for building language and literacy, these guides are for you!!

Best wishes,

Rick Samuelson, Youth Services Librarian
Washington County Cooperative Library Services
111 NE Lincoln, MS 58A
Hillsboro, OR 97124
(503) 648-9785 5#
ricks at wccls.org
"The clever men at Oxford
Know all that there is to be knowed.
But they none of them know one half as much
As intelligent Mr Toad!"
-Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows