[RFHF] CLEL Bell Awards Announced!!
ricks at wccls.org
Wed Feb 5 10:05:36 PST 2014
The Colorado Libraries for Early Literacy<http://www.clel.org/> announced the winners of their Bell Awards this morning! These awards were given to honor five picture books from 2013 that provide families with excellent support of children's early literacy development around five key practices (which will be familiar to folks who are using the Every Child Ready to Read 2nd Edition):
1) Read - Open This Little Book<https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13792593-open-this-little-book?from_search=true> by Jesse Klausmeier; illustrated by Suzy Lee
2) Talk - Moo!<https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17286758-moo?from_search=true> by David LaRochelle; illustrated by Mike Wohnoutka
3) Sing - Nighty-night, Cooper<https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17165882-nighty-night-cooper?from_search=true> by Laura Numeroff; illustrated by Lynn Munsinger
4) Write - The Things I Can Do<https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15953631-the-things-i-can-do?from_search=true> by Jeff Mack
5) Play - Niño Wrestles the World<https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15953630-ni-o-wrestles-the-world> by Yuyi Morales
These books have been recognized as some of last year's best early literacy contributions.
I would recommend you check out CLEL's Award page ... you can click on each book's title to discover some activity ideas for how families can extend the fun and meaningful learning! http://www.clel.org/content/bell-awards-2014-winners%20
Rick Samuelson, Youth Services Librarian
Washington County Cooperative Library Services
111 NE Lincoln, MS 58A
Hillsboro, OR 97124
(503) 648-9785 5#
ricks at wccls.org
"The clever men at Oxford
Know all that there is to be knowed.
But they none of them know one half as much
As intelligent Mr Toad!"
-Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Reading-For-Healthy-Families