[Reforma_or] Culturally-specific storytimes: a couple of questions

Violeta GARZA violetag at multco.us
Thu Jul 12 17:49:43 PDT 2018

Hola Reformistas! I hope you are staying cool out there in this hot
weather. :D

I have a request from a dear librarian friend of mine who is working on a
project around culturally-specific storytimes. Please read on and see if
you can help her out.

*Hello Reforma Friends,  *

   My name is Tanya Belmont, I’m developing a culturally specific training
curriculum for new Spanish Storytime Providers in Multnomah County.  Would
you be willing to share with me what specific resources and support your
library system offers your new Spanish Storytime providers? How does your
library system prepare new Spanish storytime providers to present
culturally specific storytimes and meet the community's needs? Whether you
have a formal written training plan or you have some informal processes, I
would love to learn from what you are doing. In return, I would make sure
to reference your contributions in the curriculum and send you a report of
our findings. I would be most grateful.  Please send your thoughts and
feedback to belmont at email.arizona.edu.

*Gracias de corazón por considerar esta petición. *

Also, please share with other staff you know who aren't necessarily Reforma
members. ¡Gracias y nos vemos!

Violeta

--
*Violeta Garza*