[Reforma_or] RA for 11-year-old reluctant reader, easy to buy in Mexico

Gitlitz, Deborah gitlitz at wilsonvillelibrary.org
Thu Feb 7 14:00:59 PST 2019

Hi all!

A friend of our family, in Oaxaca, is looking for books for his 11-year-old daughter. Evidently she has never liked to read, but somehow got her hands on Harry Potter and read right through it. He's eager to capitalize on her interest and looking for suggestions of age-appropriate, Mexican-authored books that might also appeal to a girl who liked Harry Potter. Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with popular kids' fiction in Mexico, although I can suggest some things he'd be likely to find in translation. He's planning to buy off Amazon. Any top favorite suggestions I can pass along?

Gracias in advance!

Deborah

Deborah Gitlitz
Community Outreach Librarian |  Bibliotecaria comunitaria
Wilsonville Public Library

Co-Chair, Libros for Oregon<https://librosfororegon.wixsite.com/home>

503.570.1582
gitlitz at wilsonvillelibrary.org<mailto:gitlitz at wilsonvillelibrary.org>
www.Facebook.com/WilsonvilleLibrary/<http://www.facebook.com/WilsonvilleLibrary/>
Disclosure Notice: Messages to and from this e-mail address may be subject to the Oregon Public Records Law.