[Reforma_or] News from National Reforma

Elizabeth Lopez Elizabeth.Lopez at hillsboro-oregon.gov
Tue Jan 29 18:17:46 PST 2019

Hi all,

I want to share some quick updates from national Reforma. Happy reading! -Elizabeth

?

?1. Buenos Aires Book Fair - the ALA Free Pass Program is currently accepting applications for up to 25 ALA members to attend the 2019 Buenos Aires Book Fair, April 23-26, 2019. Deadline to apply is Feb. 18. More info here: http://www.ala.org/aboutala/buenos-aires-book-fair-free-pass-program?????

2. Applications are now being accepted for the 2019-2020 REFORMA Scholarship and the 2019-2020 Rose Trevino Memorial Scholarship. Applicants must be enrolled in an ALA-accredited library school.

  *   ??REFORMA Scholarship is open to students who are Spanish-speaking or interested in serving Latinos or the Spanish-speaking.
  *   The Rose Trevino Memorial Scholarship is for students pursuing a degree in children's or young adult librarianship and are Spanish-speaking or interested in serving Latinos or the Spanish-speaking.

????The application deadline for both is March 15. Each scholarship is for up to $1,500.  For questions, you can email Delores Carlito, Chair of the REFORMA Scholarship Committee, at dcarlito at uab.edu with subject 2019 REFORMA Scholarship Questions.

?3. The newest National Reforma Newsletter is now available! https://www.reforma.org/Files/REFORMA%20Newsletter%20Winter%202019.pdf

What's in this issue:

President's Letter
The Founding Meeting of REFORMA: A Brief History
Interview with Author Edgardo Miranda-Rodriguez
Telling Truly Diverse Latinx Stories
How Inclusive Are Your Subject Headings in Your OPAC?
Entrevista a Marilyn Bobes, ganadora del I Premio Guantanamera
JCLC 2018 and Ongoing Work in Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at my Organization
JCLC, Now What?
JCLC 2018 in Photos
News & Updates from REFORMA Committees & Chapters
REFORMA Book Recommendations
Páginas de poesía
ALA Midwinter Schedule

Elizabeth López | Shute Park Branch Librarian Supervisor
City of Hillsboro |Hillsboro Public Library
phone 503-615-6597| email elizabeth.lopez at hillsboro-oregon.gov<mailto:elizabeth.lopez at hillsboro-oregon.gov>
www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/Library<http://www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/Library>
Follow us on Twitter @HillsboroLib<https://twitter.com/HillsboroLib> and Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/HillsboroPublicLibrary>
Member of Washington County Cooperative Library Services (WCCLS) | http://www.wccls.org<http://www.wccls.org/>

Please note: my work week is Tuesday - Saturday?