[Reforma_or] REFORMA Oregon Nominations & September 19 Meeting

CURE Kristen kcure at springfield-or.gov
Thu Aug 27 18:09:34 PDT 2020

Saludos Reformistas!

I have two announcements to share with you today:

1.       The call for nominations for REFORMA Oregon officers is still open! Please submit your nominations to me or Star Khan by August 31. That will allow time to confirm acceptance before our September 19, 2020 Quarterly Meeting. **More information about the process can be found below.**

2.       Our next REFORMA Oregon Quarterly Meeting will be held via Zoom from 9am-1pm on Saturday, September 19. **More details and meeting invite can be found below.**

Thank you,

Kristen

**REFORMA Leadership Nomination & Election Process**

Please send your nominations to me, Kristen Curé (kcure at springfield-or.gov<mailto:kcure at springfield-or.gov>) and copy Star Khan (skhan at lincolncity.org<mailto:skhan at lincolncity.org>).

Please submit your nominations to me by August 31. That will allow time to confirm acceptance before our September 19, 2020 business meeting. The September 19, 2020 meeting will take place virtually-a meeting link and call-in information will be sent out.

Here's an explanation of the process:

Due to the ever-changing situation caused by COVID-19, it was decided at the May quarterly meeting to adapt our leadership election cycle for this year. Current officers have agreed to extend their terms: Eddie, Bobbye, Kristen, Anna and Star- Will serve until 12/31/20 for a  total of 18 months.

Elections for new officers will take place in the fall. We will follow the process explained in our by-laws but with an amended timeline:

·         All officer candidates shall be democratically nominated at the fall (September 19) business meeting.

·         Elections shall take place electronically one month following nominations.

·         The term of service for the new officers shall begin January 1, 2021 and end June 30 of 2022, for a total of 18 months.

·         Positions under this election cycle include: vice-president and secretary

·         Treasurer is a 2 year position. Soraida's current term expires June of 2021. We will elect a new 2-year Treasurer in the spring of 2021, under the traditional election cycle.

·         As established in our by-laws, the current co-Vice Presidents will become co-Presidents. Their President term will follow the amended election cycle: it shall begin January 1, 2021 and end June 30 of 2022, for a total of 18 months.

**Virtual Meeting Information**

Topic: REFORMA Oregon Quarterly Meeting (9am-1pm)

Time: Sep 19, 2020 09:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85020927687

Meeting ID: 850 2092 7687

One tap mobile

+12532158782,,85020927687# US (Tacoma)

+13462487799,,85020927687# US (Houston)

Dial by your location

        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

        +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)

Meeting ID: 850 2092 7687

Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcXAFEJyW4?

Kristen Curé
Latino Liaison Librarian & Adult Services Librarian
Springfield Public Library
225 5th St.
Springfield, OR 97477
(541) 726-2232