[Reforma_or] EDI Anti-Racism OLA Special Committee

Marci Jenkins Marci.Jenkins at mcminnvilleoregon.gov
Wed Jul 8 10:56:38 PDT 2020

Hello everyone,

Great news!  The OLA EDI Task Force that Martin, Max and I were involved is officially as a special committee! I was informed there are different types of committees in OLA, and a "special" committee (as opposed to a "standing" committee) needs to have approval of the OLA Board, which has been secured!  To become a "standing" committee there needs to be a vote of the membership to make additions to OLA's by-laws, so this is something we can pursuit at the April 2021 conference if we want to move in that direction, or perhaps to become a Division with a voting member on the board if all the requirements are fulfilled.

I will be serving again as chair of the now official OLA EDI Committee and I'm sure I will count with the help of Martin and Max again along with other amazing colleagues as well. As soon as I receive OLA green light in terms of recruiting, I'm planning to invite some of your brilliant minds to join us. We want to respect everyone's time and availability so this is NOT in any shape or form a monumental administrative task (ask Martin and Max if you don't believe me) in my point of view, is much more an intellectual discussion among people who care and if you are a professional serving a multicultural community you are accustomed to live and breathe the quest for EDI and anti-racism best practices (I hope) :)

Just want to share this with all of you and thank Star and all REFORMA members for the support.

Abrazos virtuales,

Marci Ramiro-Jenkins
Reference Librarian/Latinx Outreach Coordinator
971-217-3628 (cell)
[Library Logo]
"Listening to justified anger from the oppressed even when it triggers fragility in yourself.
Is just as important as the vote you cast. Sit with that discomfort. It's growth"- Red Horn Woman