[Reforma_or] Bilingual librarians help to State Library of Oregon

Marci Jenkins Marci.Jenkins at mcminnvilleoregon.gov
Wed Mar 25 14:48:06 PDT 2020

Hello Reformistas,

I've contacted Tamara Ottum from State Library of Oregon studying a possibility of extending Answerland to our Hispanic patrons. Tamara promptly replied me and explained the situation as you can read on the thread below.

Tamara needs support from bilingual librarians in Oregon who may be willing and able to help staff chat, she can set accounts, provide training and develop a schedule for the ones are willing to help.

I'm in (as soon as I received the OK from my supervisor! :)) Can I count with you? Most of us are working from home and this can be an awesome project to present to your supervisors and library director as part of your telecommuting tasks.
This is a crucial time when people within our communities are in need of reliable information in Spanish.

Thank you all and special thanks to Adam Carlson that sent me the Answerland suggestion!

Saludos,

Marci Ramiro-Jenkins
Reference Librarian/Latinx Outreach Coordinator
971-217-3628 (cell)
[cid:image003.jpg at 01D602B4.6435BAE0]
"Listening to justified anger from the oppressed even when it triggers fragility in yourself.
Is just as important as the vote you cast. Sit with that discomfort. It's growth"- Red Horn Woman