[Reforma_or] Library Freedom Institute applications open

Ellie Avis eavis at josephinelibrary.org
Fri May 15 09:03:31 PDT 2020

Hola Reformistas,

During this pandemic, it's especially important for library workers to  build community centered around our ethics and values. That's why I'm excited to share that applications are now open for the fourth cohort of Library Freedom Institute. Library Freedom Institute is a free, (mostly) online, four-month long training program to turn librarians into Privacy Advocates. Through weekly lectures from experts in the privacy world and collaborative work, participants learn practical skills and build community together. There is a fully-funded in-person weekend component that is likely to be postponed due to coronavirus, but will happen at some point in the future. Application materials are due June 1 and are here: https://libraryfreedom.org/index.php/lfi. Questions about the program or application can be sent to alison at libraryfreedom.org<mailto:alison at libraryfreedom.org>.

More than just a training program, this is an opportunity to connect with a network of privacy advocates in libraries across the country. Highly recommended (by me)!

Ellie Avis (she/her)
Collection Development Librarian
Josephine Community Library District
200 NW C St. Grants Pass, OR