[Reforma_or] Please consider serving on Oregon's LSTA Advisory Council

Ross Fuqua Ross.Fuqua at state.or.us
Mon Sep 21 15:32:45 PDT 2020

Hello Reformistas!
I'll be promoting this more widely across the Oregon library community later this week, but it would be *awesome* to have some overlap between REFORMA Oregon and the Oregon LSTA Advisory Council starting in 2021!  We are looking to fill the following positions on the 13-member council:

*        Library Users Representative (1 position)

*        Representative serving Underserved & Under-represented Persons (1 position)

*        Public Libraries Representative (1 position)

*        School Libraries Representative (1 position)

Please consider nominating yourself or a colleague for any position that is of interest, via this form:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/lstaac2021

About the LSTA Advisory Council:
Each year, the State Library seeks new council members to serve a 3-year volunteer term to help advise us on our Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) Program<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries/Pages/LSTA.aspx>. The LSTA Program is federally funded by the IMLS, and with the exception of Ready to Read grants to public libraries, it essentially encompasses all of the work of my division (Library Support & Development) at the State Library (including Competitive Grants, consulting services, statistics, Statewide Projects like Answerland, Statewide Databases, etc.). We'll be coordinating an evaluation of the LSTA program later in 2021, and the incoming Council members will play a role in helping shape the next LSTA 5-Year Plan (for FFY 2023-2027).

We've recently transitioned to convening the council virtually over Zoom, and we'll aim to have 3-4 meetings a year (one of which may be an in-person meeting eventually, when it is safe to do so). If you have any questions, please reach out to me!
Many thanks!

Ross Fuqua
Data & Federal Programs Consultant
ross.fuqua at state.or.us<mailto:ross.fuqua at state.or.us>| oregon.gov/library/libraries<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>
Follow us: Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/stateLibraryOR/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOR/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/statelibraryor> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>
COVID-19 info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus
[cid:image003.png at 01D6902C.E63D0DD0]<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>
I live and work on Kalapuyan homelands.