[Reforma_or] Libros for Oregon

Alma Plasencia APlasencia at cityofsalem.net
Thu Apr 15 10:36:24 PDT 2021

Hello REFORMISTAS -

I am to talk about Libros for Oregon (LfO) and it's open application funded through a Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant.

If granted, ten libraries will receive approximately $1,000, including shipping costs, in materials donations from the 2021 Feria Internacional de Libro (FIL). Focus will be on libraries with 15% or more of their population identifying as Latinx/Hispanic - but all are welcome to apply!

Those who are interested, are welcome to apply via https://www.librosfororegon.org/apply

-OR -

Feel free to share this link to our promotional flyer (http://bit.ly/apply-lfo) and video (http://bit.ly/lfo-video) with your colleagues!

For those who are hearing about Libros for Oregon (LfO) for the first time, LfO's purpose is to support Spanish-language collection development in Oregon libraries (particularly in small and rural libraries) by:

1) Making the resources of the Guadalajara Book Fair (FIL) more accessible through cooperative book-buying; and

2) aiding participating libraries in the development and implementation of outreach plans for connecting with their Latinx and Spanish-speaking communities.

We are currently seeking new members to join our committee! We welcome library workers from all types of libraries.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact Hannah Bostrom at hbostrom at cityofsalem.net

Best,

Hannah Bostrom

Outgoing Chair, Libros for Oregon <https://www.librosfororegon.org/>

Librarian  I  she/her

City of Salem | Salem Public Library

1400 Broadway St NE, Salem, OR 97301

hbostrom at cityofsalem.net | 503-588-6124

Libros for Oregon (LfO) is a group that connects Oregon libraries and their communities with materials from the Guadalajara Book Fair (FIL), the largest Spanish-language book fair in the world.