[Reforma_or] Job Posting: Bilingual Collections Librarian - Full Time - Beaverton City Library

Martín Blasco MartinB at wccls.org
Fri Jun 17 16:43:59 PDT 2022

Hello

Our full time Bilingual Collections Librarian job just posted!

Beaverton City Library is looking for a Spanish speaker who’s passionate about purchasing materials to create dynamic collections that reflect our diverse community. You’ll also work with library patrons to help meet their customer service needs.

A Week in the Life of a Bilingual Collections Librarian:
This position is new to the library, but a typical week will look like this:

  *   Collection Development: Read book reviews and make purchasing decisions for our Youth and Adult World Languages and Adult Non-Fiction collections. Replace worn titles. Withdraw titles with low use. (65% of your week)
  *   Service Desk: Spend about 9 hours a week helping customers of all ages at our lively children’s, teen, and adult reference desks. You will field a wide variety of questions including requests for reading recommendations, computer help, and research assistance. You’ll also assist Spanish speakers with their library questions at other library service desks. (22% of your week)
  *   Communication: Create Spanish language posts for our social media accounts, reach out to community partners, or work on projects with another staff member. (10% of your week)
  *   Leadership: Participate on library, city, or county committees. (3% of your week)
Currently enrolled MLIS students that will graduate by June 2023 are welcome to apply.

Learn more<https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/beaverton/jobs/3599303/bilingual-spanish-english-collections-librarian>

Victoria Campbell
Community Engagement Manager
Beaverton City Library | 12375 SW 5th St | Beaverton, OR 97005
503-526-2599 | www.BeavertonLibrary.org<http://www.beavertonlibrary.org/>
Twitter<http://twitter.com/beavertonLib> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/beavertonlib/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/BeavertonCityLibrary> @beavertonlib
Work days: Monday – Friday, remote Wednesday AM