[Reforma_or] REFORMA Oregon Chapter

CURE Kristen kcure at springfield-or.gov
Tue Aug 1 14:14:52 PDT 2023

Hi Federico,

Thanks so much for reaching out to us—and a belated welcome to Oregon!

I'm serving as the current REFORMA Oregon secretary and I decided to answer your questions on the general listserv in case others may have similar questions. 🙂

Yes, our chapter is active. The listserv can get a little quiet over the summer as the majority of our members are public librarians and this is our busiest time of year.

We meet four times a year in a hybrid in-person & on Zoom format. You can find minutes from our May 2023 meeting here: https://reformaoregon.weebly.com/meeting-minutes.html. We will be having a meeting in the fall—our exact date and location are TBD.

Here's information about how to become a member with the Oregon Chapter: https://reformaoregon.weebly.com/membership.html

We don't have a REFORMA Oregon conference, but we do have a presence at the annual Oregon Library Association conference (in April each year). Most years, we also organize a one day workshop that is our Mock Pura Belpré<https://reformaoregon.weebly.com/mock-pura-belpreacute.html>. If you are interested in being a part of the planning committee for the Mock Pura Belpré, please email current chapter President Brandace Rojo at brojo at josephinelibrary.org<mailto:brojo at josephinelibrary.org>.

We are also in the process of collecting nominations for REFORMA Oregon Leadership Board members. We have positions open and if you have interest, again reach out to Brandace Rojo at brojo at josephinelibrary.org<mailto:brojo at josephinelibrary.org>. Terms of service run from September 1 through August 31. Open positions include:

Vice-President Elect: 2-year term (one as vice president followed by a year as president)
Secretary: 1-year term
Member at Large: 1-year term

Thank you for offering to talk with members about your work on the REFORMA National Research Committee—this sounds like a great addition to the agenda of our next meeting.

Did I forget anything? Do you have any other questions? Please let me know!

Best,
Kristen

Kristen Curé

REFORMA Oregon Secretary

Oregon Library Association Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Antiracism Committee Member

Latino Liaison Librarian

Hablo Español

Springfield Public Library

541.726.2232

wheremindsgrow.org

I typically respond to emails between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., Tuesday - Friday.

If you have not heard back from me in three working days, please feel free to reach out.

Please contact me if any material in this email is not accessible to you.  I’ll do my best to provide it in another format.  For more information please see the City’s accessibility page: http://www.springfield-or.gov/accessibility.html