[Reforma_or] Event in Mt. Angel : Experience History: Colegio Cesar Chavez 50th Anniversary

CURE Kristen kcure at springfield-or.gov
Fri Aug 4 17:39:34 PDT 2023

Greetings,

See below for information about a free community event highlighting a piece of Oregon Latine History! This was shared by Natalia Fernández with the Special Collections & Archives at the Oregon State University Library.

Best,
Kristen

Kristen Curé
REFORMA Oregon Secretary
Oregon Library Association Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Antiracism Committee Member
Latino Liaison Librarian
Hablo Español

Springfield Public Library
541.726.2232
wheremindsgrow.org<https://outlook.office365.com/mail/options/mail/wheremindsgrow.org>

I typically respond to emails between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., Tuesday - Friday.
If you have not heard back from me in three working days, please feel free to reach out.

Please contact me if any material in this email is not accessible to you.  I’ll do my best to provide it in another format.  For more information please see the City’s accessibility page: http://www.springfield-or.gov/accessibility.html
Register Today. Be a Part of the Celebration!

[https://files.constantcontact.com/9e55ccba101/2a68994e-f228-4e69-8a7c-5d53d50e390e.png?rdr=true]

[https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/PT12208/Tack_v3_BS25073642.png]

Colegio Cesar Chavez

50th Anniversary!

Celebrating A College Without Walls

[https://files.constantcontact.com/9e55ccba101/1ef76e19-eb18-4e35-8a4f-e8fb5b8ae026.jpg?rdr=true]

Sat, Aug 26, 2023 9:00 AM PDT

Father Bernard Youth & Retreat Center

980 S Main St, Mount Angel, OR. 97362

FREE

Register Here<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=00181spK5L5o6-EVUJJpC72CNCxw73hF_09hL813KmwzbNY9rI_jUJgCrK6iNxgsk9RSIYu4XW35nvAlqCLM5T93rx6KeIfdvUB4ciS8PkJwzZRRVMXxUdxGFgLuFfEIIqaUU6K2g1mpcBsSR8XDeQenI7tBzNwwc-AkkGUhOln8e9q9oLoe3ClIICXeK9cz4haN4SbHBtDl3Fg9LdO9G9321ZH-LDMv9IiV-cFtnNWzRSGBNBfYWH9ow==&c=LKU2raTddk9yMdpboQtEtrtiEHcV8Irc-u_aeehip9DgEhjnFpU3Jg==&ch=P7QmVbd2FtoD3Lu0uPNgOSieU1BKR5XrRBN6k--COVlYTqDUyv7B6w==>

[https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/PT12208/Shadow.png]

As a valued advocate for farmworkers and the broader Latino community in Oregon, we are thrilled to extend to you an exclusive invitation to the monumental 50th Anniversary Celebration of Colegio Cesar Chavez before the event becomes officially public.

Together with the Colegio Cesar Chavez Alumni and founders, we at PODER - Oregon’s Latino Leadership Network, aim to honor the incredible legacy and achievements of this revolutionary institution that transformed the educational landscape for Chicano and Latino communities. Established in 1973 and open for a decade, it was was the first accredited, independent four-year Chicano/Latino college in the United States history!

In recognition of your significant contributions, we are pleased to offer you complimentary access to the morning kick-off breakfast, which typically costs $30.

Join us as we share Oregon's farmworker movement and history. Meet alumni, enjoy live entertainment, and storytelling from the founders who helped build this once in a lifetime college. We will reminisce on Oregon Latino History that became a catalyst for equal educational opportunities for Chicano and minority students in Oregon.

We hope you can join us and we invite you to stay for the afternoon where we will open the event to the public. There will be food, music, entertainment, games, a Colegio Cesar Chavez Exhibit, workshops, and more!

Together, let's celebrate, remember, and rekindle the spirit of Colegio Cesar Chavez, as we honor our shared past, engage in our vibrant present, and envision an inclusive, equitable future.

Colegio Cesar Chavez

Kick-off Breakfast

Saturday, August 26, 2023

Father Bernard Youth & Retreat Center

980 S Main St, Mt Angel, OR 97362

9:00 am -11:30 am

9:00 a.m.

Networking

9:30 a.m.

Breakfast will be served

10:00 a.m.

Program
·     Welcome
·     Thank you supporters!
·     History of Colegio
·     Keynote Speaker
·     Special Announcements

11:30 a.m.

Final Remarks

[https://files.constantcontact.com/9e55ccba101/253c48ae-6327-4845-b459-a80029b5cf44.png?rdr=true]

Dr. Gustavo Balderas

Superintendent

Beaverton School District
Kick-off Breakfast Keynote Speaker

Dr. Balderas is a first-generation son of Mexican immigrants who worked in the agricultural fields of California, Oregon and Washington. “I understand first-hand some of the barriers that students face in Beaverton schools — those in poverty and those navigating a new language and culture. These experiences will help me connect with students and families and help identify ways to meet the needs of our students furthest from educational justice.

His numerous awards include the 2021 Champion for Equity Award from the Association of Latino Administrators and Superintendents, 2020 Oregon Superintendent of the Year Award from the Coalition of Oregon School Administrators, and 2020 National Superintendent of the Year Award from the American School Superintendents Association.

What To Expect

12:00 pm -5:00 pm

Colegio Cesar Chavez Exhibit and Educational Resources Tabling Activity

Visit the Colegio Cesar Chavez Exhibit and meet with representatives from Oregon State University, the University of Oregon, and the Oregon Historical Society to learn about the many resources available to the public regarding the history of the Colegio Cesar Chavez as well as the history of the Latino/a community in Oregon.

Storytellers

Hear first hand from those who founded the Colegio. Learn about their struggles in trying to start a college! Also, making their dreams into a reality. This truly is an Oregon story!

Live Music, Food and Entertainment!

Come spend the day with your family and friends as we celebrate this historic occasion.

Event Partners

More to come...

Gold Partner

[https://files.constantcontact.com/9e55ccba101/0604395d-9309-4cee-b743-978597b73cff.png?rdr=true]

[https://files.constantcontact.com/9e55ccba101/41677dc8-d224-4b1b-b88c-3c10d6718ad2.png?rdr=true]

Silver Partner

[https://files.constantcontact.com/9e55ccba101/8ce6ec1e-fc67-42d7-bb81-41283c48bc26.png?rdr=true]

[https://files.constantcontact.com/9e55ccba101/db911269-b645-47f6-afa2-e118ea4f39f9.png?rdr=true]

Bronze Partners

[https://files.constantcontact.com/9e55ccba101/50e154de-a0c7-468f-83b9-7f0cb20592d8.png?rdr=true]

[https://files.constantcontact.com/9e55ccba101/78187fe3-6089-4953-a79e-e14a6700abaa.png?rdr=true]

[https://files.constantcontact.com/9e55ccba101/0973d7a4-05dd-4db5-bc5f-7b652fb92ebe.png?rdr=true]

[https://files.constantcontact.com/9e55ccba101/40d0ce0b-8d1e-431c-848e-20d5036d1d44.png?rdr=true]

Community Partner

[https://files.constantcontact.com/9e55ccba101/64bf4bc0-b49f-4941-9a10-b01c2e60c618.png?rdr=true]

[https://files.constantcontact.com/9e55ccba101/a8396663-bf3d-4801-a7c6-d52d8b4296d1.png?rdr=true]

Follow Us

[Facebook]<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=00181spK5L5o6-EVUJJpC72CNCxw73hF_09hL813KmwzbNY9rI_jUJgCrK6iNxgsk9RsCo_J95BuDaGnXzqe5ba3GrSOZtd70bwfsoyKwFtfSe52YzMjMv27hxrtCrcnmg-mPIacdcxCgSmreFEFdoq6Rw48C6JTzOa-sWiIWfRrCcOz1IaRkt4xjdbXA6BXFMsgMeWN24nD6o=&c=LKU2raTddk9yMdpboQtEtrtiEHcV8Irc-u_aeehip9DgEhjnFpU3Jg==&ch=P7QmVbd2FtoD3Lu0uPNgOSieU1BKR5XrRBN6k--COVlYTqDUyv7B6w==> [Instagram] <https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=00181spK5L5o6-EVUJJpC72CNCxw73hF_09hL813KmwzbNY9rI_jUJgCrK6iNxgsk9R9QSs9bWdI53kuMQpRB17G9JWGET0e3qldWxp71bDqvc9cSYGIY3GWKmhSULdd8AlyA9ynED4-pJBybr9nsE7KDi8WP4umWPl&c=LKU2raTddk9yMdpboQtEtrtiEHcV8Irc-u_aeehip9DgEhjnFpU3Jg==&ch=P7QmVbd2FtoD3Lu0uPNgOSieU1BKR5XrRBN6k--COVlYTqDUyv7B6w==>
PODER: Oregon's Latino Leadership Network | P.O. Box 553, Woodburn, OR 97071 PODEROregon.org
Unsubscribe natalia.fernandez at oregonstate.edu<https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=001C0Ap5exC84QJNkhS_uInzQ%3D&ch=402204ac-5df5-11ed-a58c-fa163eae0edb&ca=0877a687-5100-4bd1-a160-998963cc5947>
Update Profile<https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001C0Ap5exC84QJNkhS_uInzQ%3D&ch=402204ac-5df5-11ed-a58c-fa163eae0edb&ca=0877a687-5100-4bd1-a160-998963cc5947> | Constant Contact Data Notice<http://www.constantcontact.com/legal/about-constant-contact>
Sent by info at izomarketing.com<mailto:info at izomarketing.com> powered by
[Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.]<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF21_CPE&pn=izomarketing&nav=0877a687-5100-4bd1-a160-998963cc5947>
Try email marketing for free today!<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF21_CPE&pn=izomarketing&nav=0877a687-5100-4bd1-a160-998963cc5947>