[Reforma_or] Job Announcement - Community Languages Selector

Courtney Gill Courtney.Gill at hillsboro-oregon.gov
Mon Dec 4 15:39:17 PST 2023

Good afternoon!

Hillsboro Public Library is thrilled to announce the recruitment for an exciting new position: Community Languages Selector. This full-time librarian role is based at Brookwood Library but involves serving Shute Park and our autonomous branches (Book-O-Mat, Novel Branch, and Tiny Branches in local parks). As the Community Languages Selector, an integral part of the library's Access team, you will be responsible for selecting a diverse range of new and replacement library materials within assigned collection areas, adhering to the Hillsboro Public Library's Collection Development policy and practices.

Your duties will encompass the thorough evaluation, selection, and procurement of materials in various physical formats, catering to all age groups. Specifically, you will purchase and curate materials for our Spanish-language collections and community languages collections, which include Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Japanese, Marathi, Russian, Hmong, Korean, Somali, Tagalog, Urdu, and Vietnamese.

To best serve our community, proficiency in both English and Spanish is essential for this position. This role is great for individuals who are passionate about data analysis, interpreting the quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions around purchasing materials to better serve our growing and diverse community.  You care about incorporating the voice of our patrons to inform decisions and are passionate about supporting our "For Everyone/Para Todos" mission by creating inclusive and patron-driven library collections and access points.

Please click here<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.governmentjobs.com/careers/hillsboro/jobs/4290336/community-languages-selector-bilingual-spanish-required?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs__;!!NSGROpV1gvvoWQ!dQ8VEVFnkoykVe7T9tvIWYm-bbkQB8s7fW9ioTYS5KG5b0QVFp9SIOVHOnJMuG9q5Jr4J9F_BDb-QV85XwIl-9IVL3eg8PtpA-dhEIUB-glOUy32Mo8$> to read more about role and to apply. The recruitment will close on Sunday, December 17th at 11:59 PM.

You may reach out to me or Elizabeth Lopez with any questions. My contact information is below. Elizabeth can be reached at Elizabeth.Lopez at hillsboro-oregon.gov<mailto:Elizabeth.Lopez at hillsboro-oregon.gov>

Thank you,

Courtney Gill | she/her<https://pronouns.org/> | Library Supervisor
City of Hillsboro | Hillsboro Public Library
503-615-6506 (office) | 503-403-8752 (cell)
Hillsboro-Oregon.gov<http://hillsboro-oregon.gov/> | Engage with Us<https://engage.hillsboro-oregon.gov/> | Social Media<https://www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/our-city/news-announcements/social-media-feeds-videos>
A member of Washington County Cooperative Library Services | WCCLS<http://www.wccls.org/>