[Revenews] Special-Case Attachments, process change for Department of Revenue's handling of e-filed CITPAS returns

RUTH Mark K Mark.K.Ruth at state.or.us
Fri Jan 2 10:51:08 PST 2009

Good day,

We need to update you on a recent process change.
As you know, returns requiring additional documentation for processing
can still be e-filed for Oregon but the required information had to be
mailed or faxed to the department in order to process the return. To
both facilitate processing and reduce the amount of processing related
correspondence we send to taxpayers, we modified our process for e-filed
returns that claim a credit for income taxes paid to another state for
tax year 2008. We will no longer require the first two pages of the
other state's return or a schedule if the credit is from an S
corporation prior to the return being processed.
However, the department may request the first two pages of the other
state's return or the S corporation schedule at a later date. You may
continue the past practice of submitting the documentation initially if
you so choose or you may wait until the department requests the
documentation. The request would be sent to the taxpayer, not to the
preparer. We expect that for the upcoming season very few requests for
this documentation would originate out of our processing unit.
If you have questions about this change or about this credit, please
direct your inquiries to:
*	Practitioner e-mail Prac.Revenue at state.or.us
*	Practitioner telephone line (503) 945-8655
	Mark K. Ruth
	Electronic Filing Coordinator