[Revenews] Oregon Employer Blog

MACK Deanna D deanna.d.mack at state.or.us
Fri Oct 23 15:49:31 PDT 2009

The Oregon Department of Revenue and other state agencies are charged
with enforcing payroll tax laws in this state. Part of that role is
enforcement and part is education and outreach. As part of our
enforcement efforts, we identify employers who may not be reporting and
paying payroll taxes. As part of our education and outreach efforts,
Oregon provides many resources on correctly reporting and paying payroll
taxes. For example, Oregon provides an excellent blog that provides
information on employment tax-related issues. Check out the Oregon
Department of Revenue's latest blog on its Oregon Employer Info page.
Visit http://www.oregonemployerinfo.blogspot.com/  for information about
our stepped up enforcement efforts and links to resources that will help
employers comply with Oregon laws.

Deanna Mack
Payroll Tax Policy and Legislative Coordinator
Business Division
Oregon Dept. of Revenue
Deanna.D.Mack at state.or.us <mailto:Deanna.D.Mack at state.or.us>
503-947-2082 (Direct Line)

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or
otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not
the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have
received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply
e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the
message and any attachments from your system.

Advice contained in this e-mail is issued under the authority of ORS
305.110, which requires the department to construe the tax laws of this
State on request. The opinion expressed in this e-mail does not bind the
department or the requestor to the statement of facts or opinion
expressed.