[Revenews] Electronic returns from 10/5/10

DENISON Megan C megan.c.denison at dor.state.or.us
Wed Oct 13 08:56:15 PDT 2010

Good morning,

We are hearing from several practitioners and software companies that they are missing acknowledgements from returns filed on or around Tuesday, October 5th. We are working with the IRS on this issue to identify and download the returns that are affected. This is not only an Oregon issue.  At least a dozen states are reporting that they did not receive returns from the IRS. We will send an update out to the list serve as we receive more information.

At this point, we ask that you do NOT mail the returns to the department. This could cause a delay in processing your client's return once we receive the electronic return.

We understand that the extension deadline is fast approaching. Please be assured that we are working diligently to resolve this problem as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience.

Megan Denison
Operations and Policy Analyst
Electronic Filing and Return Processing
Oregon Department of Revenue