[Revenews] New Estate Transfer Tax Return - Form OR706

HENDERSON Jeffrey S jeffrey.s.henderson at state.or.us
Tue Jul 3 08:45:58 PDT 2012

Now Available: New Oregon 2012 Form OR706 - Estate Transfer Tax Return and Instructions

For decedents whose date of death is on or after January 1, 2012, Form OR706, Oregon Estate Transfer Tax Return, replaces Form IT-1, Oregon Inheritance Tax Return.  The 2012 Form OR706 and instructions are now available on our website at http://www.oregon.gov/dor/BUS/Pages/forms-fiduciary.aspx

These related forms and schedules are also available now:

*         OR706-V Estate Transfer Tax Payment Voucher

*         Schedule NRC, Form OR706, Natural Resource Credit

*         Schedule OSMP, Form OR706, Oregon Special Marital Property

*         Request for Discharge from Personal Liability for Oregon Estate Transfer Tax

*         Annual Certification for Natural Resource Credit Property or Commercial Fishing Business Credit Property, for use with Form OR706

We are working on Form OR706-A, Oregon Additional Estate Transfer Tax, and will post this form to our website later. Form OR706-A is used to report the sale, disposition, or cessation of use of natural resource property inherited from a 2012 estate.

Please review the new forms, instructions, schedules, and Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS) Chapter 118, http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/118.html,  to familiarize yourself with what is new and what has changed.

If you are a professional tax preparer we request you do your research before requesting assistance from the Estate Tax Unit.

You may contact the Estate Tax Unit at the Oregon Department of Revenue, with questions about the new Estate Transfer Tax and the new forms by sending an email to: estate.help.dor at state.or.us<mailto:estate.help.dor at state.or.us>
Please provide the following in your email:

Your first and last name:
Company name:
Daytime telephone number:
Best time to reach you: