[Revenews] Notice of Tax Assessment

BALL Shannon shannon.ball at state.or.us
Thu Oct 31 09:58:03 PDT 2013

Notices of Tax Assessment

The Oregon Department of Revenue has been receiving calls regarding the Notice of Tax Assessment being received by taxpayers. The notices are being received subsequent to individual tax returns being e-filed and payments being mailed on or close to the same date. Unfortunately, the notice is sent automatically through our system once the e-filed return is processed without allowing time for the payment to be matched and applied to the account.

If your client has received a Notice of Tax Assessment after a payment has been submitted there are a couple of options.  1) If the payment has cleared the bank, the client can disregard the notice or 2) The client (or the representative (with the client's permission) can sign up for an online account to check the balance of the Oregon tax account.  If the payment has been received, the account balance should reflect the payment.  Visiting our website at:

https://secure.dor.state.or.us/tpss/index.cfm#summary.shtml<https://secure.dor.state.or.us/tpss/index.cfm>

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have the issue corrected soon.