[Revenews] corporate message

LARIMER Jason * DOR Jason.LARIMER at oregon.gov
Wed Nov 19 13:13:44 PST 2014

Tax Professionals

We have completed the first phase of our core system replacement project. This is a huge IT project for us and we've done many things to help make this project a success for both the department and our taxpayers.

Our new system will change the appearance of some of the letters you're used to receiving from Revenue. Please read every letter in its entirety to make sure you don't miss any important information about your tax account.

One new tool we're offering to corporate and tobacco taxpayers together with tax professionals who work with corporate and tobacco clients is Revenue Online. It's our new online system that provides convenient access to tools for managing your accounts.

Through Revenue Online, corporations and tobacco taxpayers can:

*         Make payments and view payment history.

*         View letters from us.

*         Update contact information.

*         Securely communicate with us.

*         File a power of attorney.

*         File an appeal.

*         Request a penalty waiver.

There are two user types for corporations, tobacco taxpayers and their representatives. Business access is for corporation or tobacco business owners and employees of a corporation or tobacco business, and is used to to manage their corporate or tobacco accounts. For example, if you are the chief financial officer for a corporation, you would select Business as your user type.

Tax Professional access is for tax professionals acting on behalf of a corporate/tobacco client. Tax professionals will need to identify if they are a sole proprietor, or an owner or employee of a business. For example, if you are an employee at a tax preparation business and need to access a corporate or tobacco client's account, you would select Tax Professional as your user type.

To sign up, look for the Revenue Online link at www.oregon.gov/DOR/BUS/pages/index.aspx<http://www.oregon.gov/DOR/BUS/pages/index.aspx>. You will need the amount from one of your three most recent payments in order to access your account. The step-by-step sign up process will guide you through setting up account access. Detailed FAQ are available within Revenue Online if you have any problems signing up.

Regards,

Oregon Department of Revenue
Corporation Section
questions.dor at oregon.gov<mailto:questions.dor at oregon.gov>
(800) 356-4222

Jason Larimer, Policy Analyst
Oregon Department of Revenue
Corporation Section
ph:503-945-8693
fx:503-945-8787
jason.larimer at oregon.gov<mailto:alishia.a.dryden at oregon.gov>

Data Classification: Level CL3 - Restricted

This email may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this email in error, please advise me immediately by reply email, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.