[Revenews] Important Updates from DOR

SAKOFF Sophia * DOR Sophia.SAKOFF at oregon.gov
Thu Dec 13 09:53:18 PST 2018

Publication OR-17
The 2018 Publication OR-17 is now available at www.oregon.gov/dor/forms<http://www.oregon.gov/dor/forms>. This new enhanced version of the PDF contains hyperlinks that will bring you directly to the information you are looking for.
The Contents pages are linked, as well as content within the publication, as indicated by yellow highlights.
[cid:image003.jpg at 01D492C9.AC700010]
Beginning with tax year 2018, we are no longer printing Publication OR-17. Eliminating the printed version allows us to incorporate the PDF enhancements mentioned above, while also helping the department control costs.

What's New for 2018
We've created a new webpage that summarizes changes for the upcoming tax year. The link is titled "Due dates and new tax year info" and is listed under the "Individuals" column at www.oregon.gov/dor<http://www.oregon.gov/dor>.

Form OR-W-4
Federal tax law changes, including how withholding allowances are calculated, mean that some Oregonians haven't been withholding enough from their paychecks to cover their state personal income tax liabilities. While working with you on preparing their return, some of your clients may realize they need to make changes to their Oregon withholding.

They can use our online withholding calculator at www.oregon.gov/dor<http://www.oregon.gov/dor> to determine the appropriate amount to withhold. If they need to submit a new W-4 for Oregon tax purposes, we now offer Form OR-W-4 for Oregon employees. This replaces the federal Form W-4 (with "For Oregon Only" written on the top) as the preferred method for documenting state income tax withholding designations.

If you have employees, or if you have clients with employees, we are asking that Form OR-W-4 be provided to employees anytime federal Form W-4 is provided. Form OR-W-4 can be downloaded from our website, or we can send you copies.