[Revenews] Oregon College Savings Plan account number additional instructions

GILLE Benjamin P-Jr * DOR Benjamin.P-Jr.GILLE at oregon.gov
Wed Feb 12 10:51:21 PST 2020

We recently learned that Oregon College Savings Plan (OCSP) 529 accounts can have 12 or 13 character account numbers. According to our Treasury Department, there are a limited number of new accounts that are only 12 characters.

Oregon's electronic filing and return processing rules only allow for a 13 character OCSP account number on Schedule OR-529 Oregon College Savings Plan Direct Deposit for Personal Income Tax Filers. Per Treasury's request, we are asking the practitioner community to place a leading zero (0) on 12 character OCSP account numbers. Please see example below. This will allow the return to be accepted for electronic filing and for the deposit to be accepted by the Oregon College Savings Plan.

Example 12 character account: OS1112223334
Example 12 character account with 0 added to make it a 13 character account: 0OS1112223334

We've also notified our Software Partners regarding these additional instructions that are needed for Oregon College Savings Plan (OCSP) deposits. Account numbers for MFS 529 Savings Plan are not affected and are still 11 characters.