Senate Bill 40 - Requires Clinical Component in Nursing Education for Licensure

SIMMONS Ginger * OSBN Ginger.Simmons at osbn.oregon.gov
Thu Sep 2 13:04:07 PDT 2021

Good morning,

I am Dr. Tracy Thompson the new policy analyst for nursing education at the Oregon State Board of Nursing. The Advisory Committee for Education Standards (ACES) group will be meeting today 9/2/2021<https://www.oregon.gov/osbn/Pages/board-meetings.aspx> from 1400-1600 PST to discuss Senate Bill 40 (SB40) SB0040 (oregonlegislature.gov)<https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2021R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB0040/Introduced>.  I look forward to the feedback and input of all interested parties. My goal is to utilize the Listserv frequently to involve as many interested parties as possible as I move forward in this role.

Tracy A. Thompson DNP, RN
Policy Analyst; Nursing Education
Oregon State Board of Nursing
17938 SW Upper Boones Ferry Rd