[SE-Dir] IDEA Part B Grant Award Estimates for 2011-2012

SANDBERG Ruby ruby.sandberg at state.or.us
Thu Apr 21 15:22:09 PDT 2011

TO:  All District and ESD Special Education Directors and Business Managers

The message below is being forwarded to you on behalf of:

Nancy Latini, PhD
Assistant Superintendent
Student Learning & Partnerships
April 21, 2011

RE:  IDEA Part B Grant Award Estimates for 2011-2012

Please find two spreadsheets that estimate your total IDEA Part B Grant Awards for 2011-2012 at this link: http://www.ode.state.or.us/search/page/?=2937.  Included in the spreadsheets are the gross and net estimated totals for your district for Part B Sections 611 and 619 and the estimated 15% for Coordinated Early Intervening Services.

The only difference between the two estimates is the amount of Part B Section 611 funds for each district.  One version estimates full IDEA funding for 2011-12, and the other version estimates reduced funding based on the US Department of Education's denial of Oregon's MOE waiver request.

Please note that the estimates are based on flat funding of IDEA from last year as final allocation amounts from the US Department of Education are not available at this time.  We are not able to provide you with final award amounts until March of 2012 after new data is provided to our office to run the final formula.  Traditionally, our estimates have very closely approximated the final award amount.

Another useful resource is our Special Education Finance Q and A.  This document can be helpful for IDEA budget and expenditure planning, and is accessible though this link: Special Education Financing Q & A<http://www.ode.state.or.us/data/schoolanddistrict/funding/sped/fundingqa.doc>

We hope that this information will be helpful to you as you prepare for the 2010-2011 school year.  If you have questions about the spreadsheet or Special Education Financing Q and A, please contact Steve Smith at steve.w.smith at state.or.us<mailto:steve.w.smith at state.or.us> or you may call him at 503-947-5711.

If you have any difficulty opening the links, please contact Ruby Sandberg at ruby.sandberg at state.or.us<mailto:ruby.sandberg at state.or.us> or 503-947-5738.

The Oregon Department of Education is an equal opportunity agency and employer.
Messages to and from this e-mail address may be made available to the public under Oregon law.

Ruby Sandberg, Executive Support to
Nancy Latini, Assistant Superintendent
Oregon Department of Education
Office of Student Learning & Partnerships
503-947-5738   FAX: 503-378-5156

ruby.sandberg at state.or.us