[SE-Dir] Grants for Enhancement and Extended Assessments

SANDBERG Ruby ruby.sandberg at state.or.us
Tue Oct 25 15:01:18 PDT 2011

TO:  All District and ESD Special Education Directors

The message below is being sent to you on behalf of:

Nancy Latini, PhD
Assistant Superintendent
Student Learning & Partnerships
October 25, 2011

RE: Grants for Enhancement and Extended Assessments

Good news - I just signed off on your enhancement grants and extended assessment grants for this school year.  These are going out two months before we sent them out last year so you should have time to use the funds.  Both grants, the extended assessment grants and the enhancement grants are flat funded this year, meaning you will be receiving about the same amount of funds as last year in each grant.  These enhancement grants, as you know, are for the support and guidance for students with disabilities and are allowed for a variety of purposes such as professional development in various formats, RTI, PBIS, etc.  The extended assessment grants are to be utilized for the same purpose as in prior years.  Support to staff and our students is critical and I know you will consider these funds for those purposes. Your notification should reach you, your superintendent and/or business manager shortly.  The grant manager for both grants is Dianna Carrizales-Engelmann. Feel free to contact her if you have questions after you receive the notifications.  Watch for them!!

It was great seeing so many of you at the fall conference.  And thanks for all you do on behalf of students with disabilities.

Nancy Latini

Ruby Sandberg, Executive Assistant to
Nancy Latini, Assistant Superintendent
Office of Student Learning & Partnerships
Oregon Department of Education
503-947-5738   FAX: 503-378-5156
ruby.sandberg at state.or.us