[Self-Management_OR] OHA announcements and Compass portal update

Chisholm Laura F laura.f.chisholm at state.or.us
Wed Nov 18 08:00:49 PST 2015

Dear Self-Management Network partners,

It's time for some brief announcements, including the bi-monthly Compass data portal implementation update!

*         Books for data: As announced previously, OHA will be phasing out the current "books for data" system at the end of the year. If you have comments or suggestions about how to fairly distribute any leftover books, CDs and manuals at the end of the year, please email them to me by the end of the day today, Wednesday, November 18. The Network Steering Committee will also provide input, and OHA staff will make final decisions and communicate them to you by the end of the month.

*         Training materials support: The grant that enabled OHA to provide books, CDs and manuals for Living Well and Tomando Control leader training has ended, so these materials are only available from OHA as long as current supplies last. If you're planning a leader training this winter or spring, please give us a heads-up as early as possible.

*         Network Steering Committee update: Since a lot has changed since we established the Network and the Network Steering Committee back in 2008, the committee will be meeting in November and December to do some visioning for the future. In the meantime, we're holding off on electing new members. Stay tuned for updates.

[cid:image003.png at 01D1215A.81044910]Oregon Compass information portal implementation:

*         Starting in 2016, the Compass portal will replace the current system for program and participant data reporting (yay!). We're on schedule for the basic Compass technology (registration, data collection, reporting) to be up and running in early January. We will be waiting until after the holidays to do most of our training on the new system. We'll schedule a few options for you to choose from. Watch the listserv for information about dates and times.

*         Shira has been working with Stanford program coordinators to review 2015 leader and program data. This process will make sure that the new system has the latest and greatest data already loaded when we start to use it. We have informational calls about the Compass portal scheduled in the next couple of weeks with Diabetes Prevention Program coordinators and with OSU Extension, which oversees Walk With Ease in Oregon.

*         Each organization that will be using the Compass portal will need to complete a memorandum of understanding with the Oregon Health Authority. Our office will be in touch soon with details.

*         Conversations about the new Compass technology (electronic referrals, insurance eligibility verification, claims generation for payments) have begun with Public Employee Benefit Board and Oregon Educators' Benefit Board insurance carriers (AllCare, Moda, Providence, Kaiser). We're currently identifying data exchange needs for the various functions.

Please let us know if you have any questions. In the meantime, thanks for all the great work you do!

Laura

Laura F. Chisholm, MPH, MA, MCHES, RYT
Self-Management Technical Lead
Oregon Public Health Division

Living.well at state.or.us
Desk:    971-673-0987
Mobile: 503-841-4842

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D10D96.C6B9DCE0]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this email in error, please advise me immediately by reply email, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.