[Self-Management_OR] FW: January 2017 Opportunities: Chronic Pain Leader Cross-Training and Cancer Thriving and Surviving Program

Pope Shira R SHIRA.R.POPE at dhsoha.state.or.us
Fri Dec 23 13:22:38 PST 2016

Hello SM partners:

This email is to announce two upcoming opportunities shared by Lavinia Goto. Please help spread the word!

Chronic Pain Leader Training, January 18-19, 2017, St. Helens: Please find attached the flyer plus application form for a Chronic Pain Leader Cross-Training coming up in January. Note that Tomando Control Leaders who would like to offer the Chronic Pain classes can also attend and get certified. I would need to know how many of these there were so that I can request and have available an adequate number of Leader Manuals and Chronic Pain Textbooks (in Spanish). Since this class is being sponsored by Public Health Foundation of Columbia County, there may be an extra material charge for Spanish-speaking Leaders (about $30). Note that there is currently no Master Trainer Manual in Spanish for the CPSMP.

New program! Cancer Thriving and Surviving: Wednesdays, January 25 - March 1, 2017, 5:15-7:45 pm, Salem
Please find the attached flyer for this first class series. My office is taking the registrations but if you have a list of clients you wish to refer, we can reach out to them and call them if you wish. Note that if this class fills up or someone cannot make this first series, a second series is planned for 4/6-5/11/17.

Any questions? Please do not hesitate to contact:
Lavinia Goto, RN, CDE, MPH, MBA, DHA
Project Manager, Long Term Care Innovation, NWSDS
3410 Cherry Ave, NE, PO Box 12189, Salem 97309
Ofc: (503)304-3408
Cell: (503)602-8384
Fax: (503)304-3434

Many thanks to Lavinia and partners for creating these exciting self-management opportunities!
Patricia

Patricia Schoonmaker, MPH
Health Systems Coordinator
OREGON HEALTH AUTHORITY
Public Health Division
Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention Section
patricia.schoonmaker at state.or.us<mailto:patricia.schoonmaker at state.or.us>
Desk: 971-673-1081
Cell: 503-969-3879
http://www.oregon.gov/OHA