[Self-Management_OR] FW: Job Opportunity: Health Systems Policy Specialist (PA3), Portland
Hinkel Hilde (Janet)
JANET.H.HINKEL at dhsoha.state.or.us
Mon Aug 5 13:40:32 PDT 2019
Please see the announcement below - a Health Systems Policy Specialist (Program Analyst 3 position located in Portland) is open for recruitment! The close date for the recruitment is 8/20/19. Please kindly share with your contacts.
From: PHD Communications <PHD.Communications at dhsoha.state.or.us>
Sent: Monday, August 5, 2019 12:35 PM
To: PHD Communications <PHD.Communications at dhsoha.state.or.us>
Subject: Job Opportunity: Health Systems Policy Specialist (PA3), Portland
Job Opportunity: Health Systems Policy Specialist (PA3)
Close date: 8/20/19
Salary: $5,032 - $7,070 per month
Location: Portland, OR
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD), Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention (HPCDP) section<https://www.oregon.gov/oha/PH/DiseasesConditions/ChronicDisease/Pages/Program-Information.aspx> in Portland, OR is recruiting for a Health Systems Policy Specialist. HPCDP's strategic plan tackles chronic disease prevention with a comprehensive, community-wide approach to help people eat better, drink less alcohol, move more, live tobacco free, and take care of themselves. This means achieving better health, better care, and lower health care costs for all Oregonians.
What will you do?
As the Health Systems Policy Specialist, you will promote and manage strategic relationships and provide high level health systems expertise based on scientifically sound methods for effective chronic disease prevention, early detection and self-management to OHA, other state agencies and a variety of community partners. You will identify program related funding and develop grant applications and proposals for health systems-related contracts. You will manage the grant selection process and oversee the day-to-day operation of these resultant contracts.
In this position, you will provide subject matter expertise related to state and federal health reform, identify emerging issues in the role of public health in relationship to health system transformation and identify key issues and interventions related to equity in the health system. This position is responsible for understanding, tracking, proposing and developing strategies for HPCDP's relationship with and involvement in Coordinated Care Organizations (CCOs), the patient-centered primary care home initiative. This position will provide strategic and technical expertise on strategies to promote self-management referrals from health systems to community resources.
What's in it for you?
You will work with a team of public health professionals who are passionate about the work they do to prevent chronic disease and promote optimal health in Oregon. Do you have experience with public health policy? Do you have experience coordinating public health programs? If so, we want to connect with you!
What are we looking for?
* A bachelor's degree in Public Health or a related degree that demonstrates the capacity for the knowledge and skills and four years of experience coordinating or administering a program related to Public Health OR any combination of experience or education equivalent to seven years of experience related to Public Health that typically supports the knowledge and skill requirements for this position.
* Experience with the core public health functions of assessment, policy and assurance.
* Experience developing and implementing program guidelines and structures to achieve program goals.
* Experience working with diverse communities
* Experience in public speaking and presenting information to various audiences.
* Experience assuring compliance with grant and contract requirements.
* Experience directing and motivating others as a program lead.
* Experience in technical writing, presenting information clearly and concisely.
* Experience promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment
How to Apply
To apply for this position, follow the link below and complete the online application and all supplemental questions:
*See our Workday Webpage: https://inside.dhsoha.state.or.us/agencies-offices/shared-services/human-resources/workday-hr-information-system.html
[Workday project + program banner (002)]
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 23324 bytes
More information about the Self-Management_OR