[Self-Management_OR] FW: Job Opportunity: Self-Management Research Analyst (RA3), Portland
Hinkel Hilde (Janet)
JANET.H.HINKEL at dhsoha.state.or.us
Tue Aug 20 15:05:45 PDT 2019
Please see the announcement below - Self-Management Research Analyst, is open for recruitment! The close date for the recruitment is 8/29/19. Please share with your contacts. Thank you!
From: PHD Communications
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 1:47 PM
Subject: Job Opportunity: Self-Management Research Analyst (RA3), Portland
Job Opportunity: Self-Management Research Analyst (RA3)
Close date: 8/29/19
Salary: $4,016 - $5,872
Location: Portland, OR
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD), Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention (HPCDP) Section<https://www.oregon.gov/oha/PH/DiseasesConditions/ChronicDisease/Pages/Program-Information.aspx> in Portland, OR is recruiting for a Self-Management Research Analyst to work as a member of a dynamic team to develop and execute plans to gather, compile, analyze, and report statistical data related to risk and protective factors and chronic disease outcomes in Oregon. The 2020 Vision of the Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention (HPCDP) Section is: "All Oregonians live, work, play and learn in communities that support health and an optimal quality of life." The HPCDP Mission is to serve all people in Oregon by advancing policies, environments and systems that promote health, and prevent and manage chronic diseases.
What will you do?
As the Self-Management Research Analyst, you will assist in the development of survey instruments, analyze data from multiple sources using statistical analysis software, and provide interpretation of data analyses by generating statistical reports as well as summary tables, graphs, charts, presentations and interactive data sites. You will share responsibility for continuously assessing and improving surveillance systems to track risk and protective factors and chronic disease outcomes among people in Oregon.
What's in it for you?
You will work with an engaged team of public health professionals who are passionate about the work they do to improve the health of people in Oregon. Are you passionate about promoting good health choices that prevent and manage chronic disease? Do you support optimal health and quality of life for Oregon communities? Are you an experienced professional with the knowledge, skills and experience in public health surveillance and complex data analysis? If so, you couldn't ask for a better career match.
What are we looking for?
* Bachelor's degree which included six-quarter credits in statistics or quantitative analysis and one-year of experience using computerized applications to independently gather, compile, and analyze data and prepare narrative or statistical reports; OR four years of research experience using computerized applications to independently gather, compile, and analyze data and prepare narrative or statistical reports.
* Experience working with chronic disease risk factors, including tobacco use, alcohol use, physical inactivity and poor nutrition
* Experience designing and developing surveys and conducting qualitative and quantitative survey analysis
* Experience conducting program evaluations specific to chronic disease
* Experience analyzing large data files
* Experience conducting complex data analyses using Stata, SAS, SPSS, ArcGIS or other statistical software
* Experience interpreting data analyses via summary tables, graphs, charts, presentations, reports and interactive data sites for a wide variety of audiences
* Experience adhering to statutes, rules, policies and procedures related to public health and chronic disease surveillance
* Experience using GIS mapping and data visualization techniques for effective presentations and communications
* Experience promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment
How to Apply
To apply for this position, follow the link below and complete the online application and all supplemental questions:
*See our Workday Webpage: https://inside.dhsoha.state.or.us/agencies-offices/shared-services/human-resources/workday-hr-information-system.html
[Workday project + program banner (002)]
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 23324 bytes
More information about the Self-Management_OR