SMI South Central (Smoke Management Instructions) South Central Oregon Smoke Management Forecast and Instruction

ODF Smoke Management Instructions smi_south_central at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
Wed Mar 25 11:26:39 PDT 2009

Despite the continued rain and cool temperatures, we will begin smoke management forecasts for the spring next week.  The first written forecasts/instructions will be issued Monday afternoon (March 30).

Once it dries out enough to allow burning, remember to get your units registered into the data system and report your accomplishments.

Also, note that we are changing the method for mailing forecasts.  This will allow folks in the field to get onto, or off of, the distribution by simply visiting the link at the bottom of the forecasts.

Jim Trost
Meteorology Manager
Oregon Dept of Forestry
2600 State St, Salem, OR 97310